INCENTIVE TO GREEN FODDER CULTIVATION FOR PERENNIAL AND SEASONAL FODDER DEVELOPMENT IN THE STATE.
Objective of the Scheme:-
- To increase green fodder production and make available various hybridvarieties of green fodder to the farmers for feeding to milch animals in order to increase the milk production and make the State self-sufficient in milk.
- To stress upon the farmers the importance of feeding nutritive green grass and encourage them to stop the primitive practices of feeding only dry paddy straw.
- To reduce the cost of feeding thereby reducing cost of milk production.
- To reduce the intercalving period in order to promote one calf a year programme.
- To encourage the farmers/individuals to bring surplus barren lands/unused agricultural land under cultivation, thereby giving them a source of income and helping them to reduce the unemployment problem in the State.
- To encourage utilization of land mass by farmers who do not own animals but could grow fodder as a cash crop.
- To make available green fodder to the livestock all the year round.
- Any individual/ farmer/ agricultural labourer residing in Goa for at least 15 years or more.
- Dairy Society's /Farmers Club/ Self-help groups who are interested in green fodder cultivation in the available land within Goa are eligible.
- The beneficiary should after receipt of initial approval letter from the Director, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services,prepare the land and complete the cultivation in the proposed land within two month's period, which should be confirmed and supervised by the concerned Area Officer/Extension Officer.
- Any individual farmer/Dairy Co-operative Society/ Self-help group/ farmers club are eligible, provided they arrange the land, which may be even any fallow land agriculture land and marad etc. by providing the required form I & XIV and affidavit in prescribed format.
- The beneficiaries who have cultivated green fodder under existing Departmental Scheme are eligible to apply under this new Scheme from April 2012.
PATTERN OF ASSISTANCE
Incentive for Green Fodder cultivation (Perennial).
Perennial Fodder : Incentive under Perennial Fodder Cultivation per hectare area of land is as follows:-
| Sr.No.|| No. of the cutting||Subsidy for General category ||Subsidy for S.C & S.T. i9n Rs. |
| 1st Year|| 1st 6 months|
2nd 6 months
| 2nd Year|| 1st 6 months|
2nd 6 months
| 3rd Year|| 1st 6 months|
2nd 6 months
Minimum area for fodder cultivation is 500 sq. mts.
Incentivesfor Irrigation( for perennial fodder cultivation only).
| Area under cultivation||Material ||Unit cost |
| I) For 500 sq.mt to 1000 sq.mt||½ HP Pump
PVC Pipes & fittings, Sprinkler
| II) For 1000 sq.mt to 4000 sq.mt||
2 HP Pump with Installation
PVC Pipeline Fitting, Sprinklers
| III) For 4000 sq.mt to 10,000 sq.mt||
3 HP Pump with Installation.
Pipeline & Fitting & Sprinklers
| IV) For 10,000 sq.mt and above||
5 HP Pump with Installation
Pipeline, Fitting and Sprinklers
Incase of seasonal fodder incentive will be given @ Rs. 15,000/- per hectare of land,per crop, and the minimum area to be cultivated shall be 500 sq. mts.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED WITH APPLICATION FORM
- Residence Certificate from Mamlatdar/Sarpanch or Chairman of Dairy Society verified and attested by the Veterinary Officer/Assistant Director in charge of the area.
- Form I & XIV /Notarized affidavit in prescribed format or copy of land ownership documents or NOC from the landlord on Rs.20 Stamp paper.
- Passport size photograph of the applicant / Leader.
- Caste certificate in case of SC / ST and certified copy of registration of Dairy Society/Club/NGO.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE SCHEME
- The applicant has to apply in a prescribed form and submit the application to the Director of AH & VS through the respective area Assistant Director /Veterinary Officer.
- The applicant should show his proposed land area to the concerned Officer who will visit and confirm the availability and usefulness of the land for processing the application further.
- The minimum area of land to be cultivated shall be 500 sq. mts.
- The beneficiary may provide Form I & XIV, Notarized N.O.C. from Landlord in case of tenant orNotarized affidavit in prescribed format
- In case of fodder plot cultivated by the Dairy Societies, Self-help groups, Farmers Club, the distribution or sale of the fodder produced by the members is their own responsibility.
- In case of perennial cultivation the beneficiary has to take minimum three fodder cuttings in a year after 1st cultivation and the same area has to be continued for the cultivation for another 2 years.
- The beneficiary has to permit the Committee comprising of area Assistant Director / Veterinary Officer and Extension Officer to inspect the fodder cultivation at every six months in case of perennial& each crop for seasonal fodder cultivation.
- The beneficiary has to prepare the land and cultivate the proposed and approved plots within two months period from the date of receipt of approval letter.
- In case of any doubts in the implementation of the Scheme by the beneficiary, concerned dealing Officer from Head Office will conduct a surprise inspection of the fodder plots for verification without notice to the beneficiary.
- The beneficiary should allow the concerned Officer and the Inspection Committee members to inspect their fodder units at any time/stage of cultivation.
- The beneficiary should cut/ harvest the cultivated fodder at the beginning of the flowering stage.
- In case the beneficiary has availed of the old scheme of the Department he shall switch to the present scheme as subsidy claims under old scheme will not be considered by this Department beyond 31/07/2012.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR RELEASE OF INCENTIVES
- Inspection Report/Utilization Certificate in the prescribed form duly signed by the Inspection Committee consisting of concerned Veterinary Officer/Assistant Director & Extension Officer of the jurisdiction should be submitted to the Director, AH & VS by the concerned Officer.
- The beneficiary has to submit the photograph of the fodder plot. The photograph should show the fodder plot in the background with the farmer, local Assistant Director / Veterinary Officer/Extension Officer and the day's newspaper as proof of the day of inspection at every six months in case of Perennial fodder and per crop in case of Seasonal fodder cultivation. Accordingly photographsduly countersigned by the concerned officer should be submitted along with the utilization certificate duly signed by the Departmental Committee.
- Agreement Bond sworn before Notary/Magistrate on stamp paper as per rules in force in Departmental prescribed format.
- Original bills towards purchase and Installation of irrigation unit.