The Government of Goa has designed this Scheme in order to honour the eminent personalities in the field of Dairy Farming. This Scheme intends to appreciate the achievement of Dairy Farmers for highest individual milk production by undertaking scientific dairy Farming in the State of Goa and encourage youth to take up Dairy Business.
- To honour the eminent personalities in the field of Dairy Farming.
- To felicitate and appreciate the Dairy Farmers for achieving highest milk production by undertaking scientific dairy Farming in the State.
- To encourage the dairy farmers to undertake Dairy activities as a Business.
- To make State self sufficient in milk production.
- Any individual dairy farmer, who has given extra ordinary contribution in the field of dairy farming by achieving highest milk production in the State, shall be eligible to receive “Gopal Ratna Award” under this Scheme.
- The scheme applies to dairy farmers from Goa who shall be the member of Dairy Co-operative society /Bachat Gat/Self help group, registered with the concerned Department.
- The Individual Goan dairy farmer has to register his dairy farm with the department of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Services through the respective area officers of Veterinary Dispensary/Hospital.
- The dairy farmer shall maintain and submit the record showing details of number of animals, stage of lactation of each animal, milk yield, date of calving, address of cattle shed etc.
- He should be a bonafide resident of Goa for at least preceding five years, own cattle shed with milch animals in the State of Goa.
- Any dairy Farmer intending to apply for the Gopal Ratna Award shall produce evidence of his membership from a registered Dairy Co-operative Society/Bachat Gat/Self Help Groups, as required by the Department of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services.
- No Award shall be presented posthumously under this Scheme. However if death of the applicant occurs after submission of the application and if he/she qualifies for the award then the award may be considered for posthumous presentation to his/her legal heir.
- He shall produce and pour minimum 1 lakh litre of milk in the preceding year (April to March) with minimum average of 250 litre of milk per day, to the Dairy Co-operative Society/Bachat gat/ Self Help Group.
Nature of Assistance:-
The eligible selected Dairy farmer shall be honored with “Gopal Ratna Award” constituting a Certificate of appreciation, Memento and cash prize of Rs. 1 Lakh only.
- The eligible applicant shall apply for the award through the concerned Area Officer of the Department in prescribed format of application.
- On verification of the content, the Area Officer shall recommend the same to the Director of AH & VS, Panaji-Goa for further necessary action.
- On receipt of the application from the eligible applicant they will be scrutinized by the Task Force Committee constituted for the purpose by the Government.
- After scrutiny of the application, the Committee shall visit the selected applicant and also at the related Dairy Co-operative Society/ Bachat Gat/ Self Help Group, for the necessary confirmation of the records.
- The Task Force Committee, after complete scrutiny and confirmation of the information given by the applicant shall recommended the name of the Awardee for necessary approval by the Department.
- On approval from the Department of AH & VS the Gopal Ratna Award will be declared and conferred upon the selected beneficiary on Independence Day i.e. 15th August at the hands of Honourable Chief Minister of the State.
For better implementation of the Scheme the Government shall constitute a Committee of the members which shall meet as and when required and shall consider the recommendation received from the field Area Officer of the Department.
Felicitation of Eligible Awardee:-
- Once recommendation is received from the Committee the Director of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services shall obtain the acceptance of the concerned Milk Producer to receive the “Gopal Ratna Award”
- After obtaining such acceptance from the respective milk producer the Department shall obtain due approval of the State Government for awarding the said Awardee at the hand of Hon’ble Chief Minister of the State on Independence Day i.e. on 15th August.
Framing of Guidelines:-
For better implementation of the Scheme Government may change guidelines from time to time if required.
The Government is empowered to relax all or any of the clause provided in the scheme, if found deemed fit for reason to be recorded.
If any question arises regarding interpretation of clause, word expression on entire scheme, then the decision about the Interpretation shall be with the Government.
Redressal of Grievances and Dispute
If any grievances arise out of implementation of this scheme the Secretary for Animal Husbandry shall hear and decide such matter and the decision of the Secretary for Animal Husbandry in this regard shall be final.