Assistance for Piggery Development
- To motivate farmers to undertake piggery production.
- To upgrade local stock to make piggery farming profitable.
- To make state self sufficient in pork production.
Any farmer residing for minimum 15 years in the state.
Pattern of Assistance :
The approved unit cost for the Piggery unit is Rs.1,97,500/- (Rupees One Lac Ninety Seven Thousand Five Hundred only) of which Rs.49,375/- (Rupees Forty Nine Thousand three Hundred and Seventy five only) shall be the subsidy component. The maximum subsidy admissible is 25% of the unit cost
1. Beneficiary should submit the application for setting up of piggery unit for 20 Sows and 2 boars to the Directorate of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services, Panaji in the prescribed form through the respective Veterinary Officer/ Assistant Director of his jurisdiction.
2. N.O.C. from the respective Village Panchayat for setting up the Piggery unit should be enclosed along with application form.
3. The Beneficiary can set up the Piggery unit with his own finance or by taking loan from any financing Institutions of his/her choice. In case of loan from the Bank, the subsidy should be disbursed directly to the loanees account.
4. The beneficiary can purchase the pigglings from the Government Piggery Farm, Curti Ponda Goa. In case the pigglings are not available in the Govt. piggery farm, he can purchase the required number of pigglings from any other private Farm in consultation with the respective Veterinary Officer / Assistant Director.
5. The beneficiary should set up the unit within 3 months from the date of sanction, of the application
6. Only on receipt of utilization certificate and all other required receipts etc form the respective Veterinary Officer / Assistant Director the subsidy will be released to the beneficiary. In case he has availed Bank finance for setting up of the unit, the subsidy will be released to the Bank to be credited to the Beneficiary's loan account.
7. Before release of the subsidy the beneficiary has to execute the Bond stating that the unit will not be closed for a minimum period of 3 years from the date of release of subsidy.
8. The beneficiary should vaccinate the pigs regularly against Swine fever Disease, on the direction of the local Assistant Director/Veterinary Office.
9. The insurance of the pigs is optional and the beneficiary can insure the pigs, if he/she so desires, at his /her own cost.
10. The following Documents are required for release of subsidy.
(a) Bills / vouchers pertaining to the construction Shed/ godown, Biogas plant (dung pit) if any etc duly certified by an approved valuer/Engineer.
(b) Purchase receipt of sows / boar pigglings with health certificate from the area Veterinary Officer / Assistant Director. Cash receipt of equipments purchased (Subsidy will be admissible for new equipments only) also duly certified by local Veterinary Officer/Assistant Director.
(c) The beneficiary should rear the unit for a minimum period of 6 years. An agreement is to be signed on a prescribed stamp paper by the beneficiary with the Department / Government.
(d) The beneficiary can start the unit by obtaining the loan from financial institutions. In this case subsidy will be released through the concerned financing institutions to be credited to the beneficiary's loan account.