Financial Assistance for establishment of Modern Dairy Farmer and purchase of Dairy Farm Equipments.
To enhance productivity, profitability, stability and sustainability and to create self employment to educated and unemployed rural youth. To reach self sufficiency in milk production.
Any person residing in Goa for atleast 15 years
Pattern of assistance:
30% of the cost of plant and machinery will be granted as subsidy subject to a maximum of Rs.4.50 lakhs to any individual for setting up of a new Dairy farm, expansion of existing dairy unit, and purchase of modern dairy equipment for existing dairy units and renovation of existing cattle shed. The beneficiary can start the unit with his own finance or by taking loan from financing Institution. For Milking Machine subsidy is @ 30% of the cost of the Milking Machine.
- The minimum unit size is of 10 cross-bred Cows or 10 adult improved she- buffaloes.
- The unit should be located in Goa.
- The unit should be maintained for a minimum period of 10 years.
- The animals should be purchased from outside Goa.
- The subsidy will be released only after completion of the unit in all respects.
- The project report of the proposed units is to be submitted to the Director of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services through the Area Government Veterinary Officer/Assistant Director, along with the following documents.
1. Documents indicating the ownership of land in Form No. 1 and XIV or copy of lease deed or NOC from Land Lord in case of tenants. In case of lease, the same should be for a minimum period of 10 years from the date of starting the unit. In case of tenants, NOC from Land Lord should be, to run the Unit for a minimum period of 10 years.
2. NOC from Municipality/Panchayat should be submitted.
Plant and Machinery includes:
- Cattle Shed - 54 sq.mts. carpet area 10 animals proportionate increase is allowed depending upon the number of animals. Maximum cost limit is Rs.4000/- per sq.mt.
- Cow dung pit - (18 cu.mts for 10 animals, proportionate increase in size is allowed depending upon the number of animals). Maximum cost is Rs.300/- per cu.mt.)
- Store Room - (4 x 4 mts. carpet area for 10 animals proportionate increase is allowed depending upon the number of animals). Maximum cost limit is Rs.4000/- per sq.mt.)
- First batch of - Maximum cost limit is Rs.18,000/- per Milch Animals.
- Milking - Maximum cost limit Rs.82,000/- including Machine installation charges subsidy admissible is 30% of the cost maximum subsidy Rs.24,600/-
- Water pump with Other accessories and plumbings - Maximum cost limit is Rs.14000/-
- A.I.Crate - Maximum cost limit is Rs.5000/-
- Other items -Maximum cost limit Rs.8000/- for 10 animals
- Chaff Cutter - Subsidy admissible is 30% of the cost Maximum subsidy is Rs. 3,600/- .
I. Cow Chains
III. Buckets Max. cost unit limit Rs. 10,000/- for 10 animals. Proportionate increase is allowed depending upon the number of animals.
IV. Milk Cans
V. Milking pails
The subsidy will be released only after completion of unit and purchase of milch animals.
The following documents are required for the release of subsidy.
I. Bills/Vouchers pertaining to construction of cattle shed, cow dung pit, store room.
II. Purchase of receipts of milch animals along with Health Certificate from Government Veterinary Officer/Assistant Director.
III. Cash receipts in original of the equipments, machinery purchased, Subsidy is admissible only for purchase of New Equipment Machinery.
IV. Documents showing Insurance of milch animals.
The above documents are to be submitted to Area Veterinary Officer/Assistant Director.
The beneficiary should run the Unit for a minimum period of ten years. An Agreement in this regards is to be signed by the beneficiary with the Department.
The beneficiary can start unit with his own finance or by availing loan from Financial Institutions. In case, where the beneficiary avails loan from Financial Institutions, subsidy will be released through the concerned Financing Institutions.
Farms Equipments for existing unit:-
- Milking Machine:- Any farmer having 10 adult milch animals can purchase a Milking Machine (Electrically operated) subsidy admissible is 30% of the cost subject to maximum of Rs.15,600/-.
- Chaff cutter:- Any farmer having 10 adult milch animals can purchase a Chaff-cutter (Electrically operated) subsidy admissible is 25% of the cost subject to maximum of Rs.3000/-
- In case of purchase of Milking Machine and Chaff cutter, the farmer may apply on a plain paper to the Area Veterinary Officer/Assistant Director.
The following documents are required for release of subsidy.
Original Bill towards purchase of Milking Machine/Chaff cutter to be submitted to the Area Veterinary Officer/Assistant Director.