- To encourage the farmers to go in dairy business & make it more lucrative which will help to increase the local milk production.
- To encourage the youth to take up dairy as a business.
- The scheme is prepared with the objectives of making the State self sufficient in milk production.
- The scheme applies to all the milk producers from Goa State who are members of the Dairy Co-op. Society.
- The dairy farmer has to register his dairy farm with the Department of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services through the respective Veterinary Hospital in prescribed format.
- Farmer should be bonafide resident of Goa for at least preceding 5 years, own cattle shed with milch animals, in the state of Goa and registered with a Dairy Co-operative Society in the state of Goa and produce his own milk. Milk should be produced at the beneficiary's Dairy Farm & not by procuring milk from others.
- The incentive shall apply to the milk produced and supplied to the Goa State Co-operative Milk Producers' Union Ltd. or any other Dairy Union authorised by the State Government, by the members of the various registered Dairy Co-op. Societies in the state of Goa.
PATTERN OF ASSISTANCE :-
Farmers shall be paid @ 7.72% of the cost of milk supplied to the Goa State Co-operative Milk Producers' Union Ltd. or any other Dairy Union in the state authorised by the State Government, by the members of the various registered Dairy Co-op. Societies in the state of Goa, as feed subsidy.
- Every registered co-operative society shall maintain a complete list of its members and shall allot a unique membership number to each farmer. The list shall be submitted to the Department of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Services at the beginning of the scheme and any addition or deletion from the list of membership shall be reported to the Department forthwith.
- The society shall submit to the area Veterinary Officer/ Assistant Director in triplicate, a monthly consolidated report showing the total quantity of milk supplied by the farmer to Goa State Co-operative Milk Producers' Union Ltd. or any other Dairy Union authorised by the State Government, the amount of payment received by him for the month along with the Bank A/c No., Branch and MICR code of the beneficiaries having core banking system/ ECS. All such reports must reach the local Area Veterinary Officer / Assistant Director, duly signed by the secretary & the chairman of the society & certified by dairy supervisor, latest by 8th day of the month subsequent to which it pertains.
- Area Veterinary Officer/ Assistant Director shall certify the statement received from the society after verifying with the bill payment statements issued by Goa Milk Union to the society & the registers maintained by the society.
- The local Area Veterinary Officer/ Assistant Director shall forward the certified statement to the authorised agency for preparation of bill by 15th day of the month. The authorised agency shall submit the prepared bills to the local Area Veterinary Officer/ Assistant Director by 22nd day of the month. On receipt of bill from the agency the local Area Veterinary Officer/ Assistant Director shall verify & certify the same and forward it alongwith copy of the certified statement to the Directorate of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services by 25th day of the month for effecting payment. On receipt of certified bill from the Area Officer, payment of composite subsidy @ 40% (incentive on milk & cattle feed) shall be effected through the bank account of the beneficiary through ECS.
- The quantity of milk supplied to Dairy Union & the number of milch animals reared by the Farmers will be checked by the departmental Area Officer in addition to the supervisor from office of Goa Dairy Milk Union. In case there is any fraud or malpractice in the above, the Department shall stop forthwith the composite subsidy (incentive on milk & feed) and the benefit of all the schemes will be withdrawn. In this matter the decision of the Director will be final and binding on the party.
- The scheme is linked to scheme for incentive on milk to milk producers.
- For applicants, applying on or after 1st of April 2013, it shall be mandatory to produce UID card for obtaining benefits under the scheme.
- The Applicants applying on or after 1st of April 2013 should mandatorily register with the Agriculture department, as an agriculturist under the Agricultural Database.