AMENDED SCHEME FOR INCENTIVE TO MILK PRODUCERS
- The scheme is prepared with the objective to encourage farmers to go in for Dairy business and make it more lucrative which will help to increase the local milk production.
- To encourage youth to take up Dairy as a Business.
- To make State self sufficient in Milk Production.
- The Scheme applies to farmers from Goa who are members of the Dairy Societies registered with the Department of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services.
- Dairy farmer has to register his Dairy Farm with the Department of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services through the respective Veterinary Dispensary/ Hospital and give details of number of animals, state of lactation of each animal, milk yield, date of calving, address of cowshed where located etc.
- The Incentives shall apply to the milk supplied by the members, to the Goa State Co-operative Milk Union Ltd. or any other Dairy Union authorized by State Government, through registered Dairy Co-operative Societies.
- Farmer should be a bonafide resident of Goa for at least preceding 5 years, own cattle shed with milch animals in the State of Goa, registered with a Dairy Co-operative Society in the State of Goa and produce his own milk. Milk should be produced at the beneficiary's Dairy Farm and not by procuring milk from others and then pouring to Dairy Society in his name.
- Any farmer intending to avail benefit under the scheme will have to produce evidence of his membership to a registered society as may be required by the Department of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services.
Pattern of assistance:-
Composite subsidy @ 40% (incentive on milk @ 32.28% & cattle feed @ 7.72%) on the proceeds of milk supplied to the Goa State Co-operative Milk Union Ltd. or any other Dairy Union authorized by State Government shall be paid on monthly basis
- Every registered co-operative society shall maintain a complete list of its members and allot a unique membership number to each farmer. The list shall be submitted to the Department of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services at the beginning of the scheme and any addition or deletion from the list of membership shall be reported to the Department forthwith.
- The beneficiary shall open a bank account in any bank having a core banking system/Electronic Clearing System (ECS).
- The society will submit to the area Veterinary Officer/ Assistant Director in triplicate, a monthly consolidated report (soft copy and hard copy), showing the total quantity of milk supplied by each farmer to the Goa State Co-operative Milk Union Ltd. or any other Dairy Union authorized by State Government and the amount of payment received by him for the month alongwith the bank account number with bank branch name and MICR code of the beneficiary having core banking system/Electronic Clearing System (ECS). All such reports must reach the area Veterinary Officer/ Assistant Director duly signed by the Secretary and Chairman of the society, verified and certified by dairy supervisor, latest by 8th day of the month subsequent to which it pertains.
- The Area Veterinary Officer/ Assistant Director shall certify the statement received from the society after verifying with registers maintained by Dairy Society and fortnightly bill payment statements issued by Dairy Union.
- The local Area Veterinary Officer/ Assistant Director shall forward the certified statement to the authorised agency for preparation of bill by 15th day of the month. The authorised agency shall submit the prepared bills to the local Area Veterinary Officer/ Assistant Director by 22nd day of the month. On receipt of bill from the agency the local Area Veterinary Officer/ Assistant Director shall verify & certify the same and forward it alongwith copy of the certified statement to the Directorate of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services by 25th day of the month for effecting payment. On receipt of certified bill from the Area Officer, payment of composite subsidy @ 40% (incentive on milk @ 32.28% & cattle feed @ 7.72%) shall be effected through the bank account of the beneficiary through ECS.
- The quantity of milk supplied to the Dairy Union & the number of milch animals reared by the farmers will be checked by the departmental area officer in addition to the supervisor from office of Dairy Union. In case there is any fraud or malpractice in the above, the Department shall stop forthwith the composite subsidy (incentive on milk & feed) and the benefit of all the schemes will be withdrawn. In this matter the decision of the Director will be final and binding on the party.
- The scheme is linked to cattle feed subsidy scheme.
- For applicants, applying on or after 1st of April 2013, it shall be mandatory to produce UID card for obtaining benefits under the scheme.
- The Applicants applying on or after 1st of April 2013 should mandatorily register with the Agriculture department, as an agriculturist under the Agricultural Database.
- The scheme is effective from 1st day of April' 2012
Officials of the department may visit randomly any Dairy Co-operative Society to assess/inspect the procedure of collection of milk record keeping. The Chairman/ Secretary of the Co-operative society must co-operate and produce the records on demand.